How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an american standard thermostat ACONT802. and I want

Customer Question

I have an american standard thermostat ACONT802 . and I want to replace it with a different brand. Can you tell me a brand equivalent or better to purchase. We do not like being unable to purchase the american standard thermostats without paying a tech to come out and paying double price for stat. thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.


This is a standard 24 volt thermostat loaded with options.

You can use any 24 volt thermostat as long as it matches how many stages you have.

If you could tell me what terminals have wires in them I could be more specific


Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

Also, this is a case where the thermostat is LABELED as a American Standard/Trane...but is actually a Honeywell.

See the link here and notice the Honeywell on same page

Related HVAC Questions