airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

One question: Does the Condenser fan motor on a RPRL-037JEC

Customer Question

One question: Does the Condenser fan motor on a RPRL-037JEC have a start/run capacitor? If so can you provide the part#
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Neighbor just called me and said the onboard diagnostic states condenser fan not running. I am swinging by after work and figured I'd pick up a capacitor just in case because usually thats the cause. Units only 3 years old
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: CONDENSER FAN. NOT INSIDE FAN. Tstat and filers have nothing to do with it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm Building Engineer and HVAC Tech so I can handle it. Just want to know if the fan motor has a capacitor. If so whats the part number
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, just need the answer. Parts list i found online doesnt mention a fan motor capacitor
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 12 days ago.

I will be happy to help with this.Let me grab a parts manual

OK< the fan does not have a capacitor. The RPRL-037JEC is a communicating condenser and uses and ECM motor.

https://gemaire.com/protech-51-102728-05-motor-ecm-outdoor-51-102728-05

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.