Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Help! I have a intertherm m2rl 100a 16bn furnace and it's

Customer Question

Help! I have a intertherm m2rl 100a 16bn furnace and it's working intermittently. I opened it and it has a red light on the circuit board.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: So get this, the land lord rented us the place 2 years ago and forgot to put a filter in. I don't even know where the filter goes.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yup. It's late and cold and I have babies and a husband with a cold, lol
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Let's see... I'm in front of it with my tool kit. It has nothing on top, I can see a enclosed fan from the top. The pilot is what stops working on and off, I'm sure it's because it's clogged with dust and pet hair and it's the safety feature kicking in
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I turned it on to see if it starts again, and now I see 2 lights on the circuit board; one green for the flame and one red for "status".
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help? if so I need the LED flash sequence when it doesn't fire up

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i still need help
where would I find the sequence?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

It's the light on the control board. I need to know how many times it flashes before it pauses and repeats.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Is this oil or gas fired?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. the red light is solid right now and I'm not seeing the green one on at the moment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is natural gas fired
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

oil or gas?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
natural gas
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Ok, turn the power off to the furnace, wait a minute then turn it back on. Tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I actually have been doing that since last week. I turn it off and wait for a bit and then back on. the pilot light goes green and the furnace works again for anything between a couple of days to a couple of hours. the red light is always solid red.i did it again just now and this time the pilot light wouldn't come back on
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
now I'm seeing its on and blowing hot air through the vents
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
status light is still solid red though
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Status light only flashes if it doesn't work. I need to know what the flash sequence is when it doesn't work not when it does.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. as soon as it stops I will post the sequence here. it will probably stop here in a couple of hours
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Rick. So the furnace just stopped heating again. The red light for status is not flashing at all, just solid red and the pilot light is off now. The furnace is blowing cool air.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does this mean I get a refund?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If anyone is still willing to help me, I finally caught the flashing sequence of the status light. It flashes 4 times and then waits and the again and so on.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please, anyone?