HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My air handler fan wont turn off unless you trip the breaker

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Is the fan relay on the board?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sure it is
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is that an additional 24. For the call?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Waiting to here from you
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Yes it is 24 dollars more for the call. If that is stuck on then the contacts on that relay are welded together or do you see any error codes flashing on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It blinks green 11 times
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

That is a open rollout code and will cause that issue. There are high limit safety thermostats that are around the burner housing area that can trip open if they fail or the unit is overheating. Some of these have reset buttons on them that you can manually press down to reset while others do not. The ones that do not either are one time limits or are limits that are suppose to manually reset when cooled down. Now that does not always happen when they go bad so you will have to check them for continuity with an ohm meter across the two leads going to them. If you do not pwn a ohm meter you can physically bypass each rollout to make sure it is good by connecting the two wires to each rollout sensor together to see if the unit will then operate. Now once you have found the bad one you can change it out or reset it and then you should check your furnace filter for blockages and make sure you main furnace blower is running to speed. These two things can cause a unit to overheat and trip one of these rollout sensors. Mosts units have 3 of these devices and here is a link to what they can look like on your unit.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a c800796p01 green board that has 4 green lights on it and it is the cfm light that keeps blinking solid green for 5 seconds and then 11 times very quickly. I don't see anything in my unit as you have described
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any way to check out the board
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Can you match the error with the panel list of error codes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What list
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

If you remove the panel on the unit to get at the board there should be an error code list along with wire diagram on the backside of it.