Natech
Natech, HVAC/Boiler Tech
Experience:  I am a HVAC Tech and Radiant Heat Expert.
76430685

Erostat keeps flashing change batteries but new batteries

Customer Question

erostat keeps flashing change batteries but new batteries and it still keeps flashing?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: went to change temp and all numbers went off then came back on and battery sign started flashing
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** have your first name....what is the make and model of your thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Honeywell can't see a model numbet
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

May I have your first Name? Looks like payment failed for phone call premium service. Do you want to try again or continue here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Continue herr
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

May I have your first name? How old is the thermostat and did you use brand new batteries out of the package?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't understand what the heck is going on. Do you want another credit card? Do you know what's wrong? Have you sent an answer and I missed it? Will I be charged on the credit card for no help?
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Your payment has been "deposited" for basic service (chat), however, it looks like to me that your payment for phone service failed. So we are good to go to continue here in chat.

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

If you would like me to offer premium service phone call, I can and you can try a different payment method or again, we can just continue here.

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

So we will start over: May I have your name and did you install brand new batteries?

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Is the thermostat new? Can you return it to where you bought it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well,the natyd were new out of the pack but pack is probably six months old or bettrr
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

I need some help identifying the thermostat as there are hundreds of honeywell thermostat, can you post a picture of the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ment batteries n
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Also, do you have any brand new batteries that we can try just to make sure that is in fact not the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know thr model. Does not say on unit. May be I should just go to Lowes and pick up a new one
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

That might not be a bad idea. If you want to go that route, I will leave the question open and when you get back if you need help wiring it I can help you. Do you want me to help you how to decide what new thermostat to get, this way I can still provide a service to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Nate. I'm off. Will get back to you if I screw things up.
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good, I will leave the question open and if I can assist further let me know, if you are completely satisfied with the service I have provided, please rate now, otherwise, allow me to assist you futher (I will leave question open even if you rate now)

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a new thermostat? Please make sure you turn power off to furnace before installing. I will await your reply.

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

I am going to run and grab a to go meal and will be right back. Shouldn't be but 15 minutes.

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I am back, I will be awaiting your reply.

Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

This Q&A mode will remain open for chatting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nathan,
I feel I owe you an apology for yesterday.
We are having a winter storm here and the wife had gone out the back door and fell. We were trying to comfort her and fix the Thermostat at the same time.
Finally got her to go to the ER hospital, x-rays etc, etc, and when we got back, tried again to work on the heating.
I went to Lowes and got the new thermostat. Forgot which wires went where and rewired it twice before got it working.
All in all, a day I wont forget for a while, thanks for your patience and help.
Regards,
Warren
Expert:  Natech replied 1 month ago.

Warren, I understand. I am happy you got your new stat working. The wiring of it being a problem sometimes is exactly why I was waiting to help, sometimes they can be a booger. More importantly I am glad your wife is ok! I hope and pray for a speedy recovery. If you are satisfied with the service I provided and are able to rate excellent, please do so, if not please reply and allow me to assist you further. I am not compensated for my time/service until you are able to rate. Cheers ***** ***** a speedy recovery!