gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a CARRIER CONDENSING GAS FURNACE MODEL 59SC5A. (new

Customer Question

Hello, I have a CARRIER CONDENSING GAS FURNACE MODEL 59SC5A. (new home 5months old), as of this morning, it will not blow warm air. I have thermostat set at 70 and internal house is currently 64 degrees. Could you suggest any action I could take before making a service call? thank you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 months ago.

Turn power off to system to reset any faults. Retry furnace. Let em know if it fires. Russ

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Russ, I turned the circuit breaker off. 10 minutes later I flipped it back on. Thermostat to 72 ...the auto does not seem to start. I currently have fan-on but the air coming out of the vents is not warming up.

If you can get to furnace look in small window in blower compartment and see if you have a flashing LED light. Count the flashes and let me know. Russ

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
LED light is not flashing and not illuminated.

Sorry about wait. Having computer problems. If led is not flashing, No power to board. Remove blower door and check fuse on the board to see if blown. It is purple 3 and or yellow 5 amp auto type fuse. Russ

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No sure where along way it was fixed but now have heat. Thank you very much Russ.

Ok anymore problems get back with me. Russ