gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I just finished the installation of a Goodman SXC1800481 AC

I just finished the installation of a Goodman SXC1800481 AC system. However, I cannot make sense of the thermostat wiring diagrams. The schematic on the compressor unit shows connections to R, C, Y1 and Y2. However, my PRO T705 thermostat only has R, C, Y, W & G. What is the proper connection for these terminals so that I can start running the compressor unit?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: It is a brand now AC system. The only code shown is "H8" meaning High Voltage???? I assume that it is a thermostat wiring issue.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The manual on the thermostat indicates that the "Compressor Relay" should be connected to Y and C. The "C" connection is made between the thermostat and the compressor unit. Should either the Y1 or the Y2 connection be made to C???

Russ here . Need to get a different thermostat that will handle 2 stage unit. Honeywell focus pro 5000 will work. For now to run cooling just connect yellow wire to unit and place a jumper between Y1 and Y2. This will work till you get a new thermostat. Russ

Anymore questions. Russ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope. You nailed it !

Graet. If nominee questions please rate my answer. Installing one of those SXC 18 tomorrow. Thanks. Russ

Glad its working. Great job. If no more questions please rate my answer. Russ

Do you still need help. Russ