Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

A 2 yr old classic bay Quad...The aleaning arm that empties

Customer Question

a 2 yr old classic bay Quad...The aleaning arm that empties the burn pot ashes into the drawer is stuck so badly that I cant budge it. Im a 67 yr old woman with bad knees so unscrewing things won't happen...is there any way to unstick this..Ill assume there are some clinkers that stuck in there when I last emptied it one day ago....now I just cant open it and the flame is not burning hoy, there is and orange flame and the pellets accumulate on the botton no matter how many adjustments I've made...Help!There is warm not hot air..
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: what filters...the thermostat is working....
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: whaat had to be done?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just I need to be able to pull the arm open to empty the burn pot ....nothing else
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Hello. try striking the arm crisply with a very small hammer, from all different angles..... that shock should break the clinkers away without damage to the arm... let me know how that goes.

If that fails you will need to call someone, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city in that case I will look for a well rated pellet stove tech to do that for you.