Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this, but I have

Customer Question

hello. Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this, but I have a Rheem furnace that has stopped putting out heat this morning.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: thermostat is good, in the little window on the actual unit is a flashing '5'. Somewhere online I found that it indicated a blocked vent.... so I changed the filter....
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is 2 degrees outside, and cold enough I should be wearing gloves soon in the house, so if needed, yes.... I have left a message for a contractor that installed it originally but got nothing back yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the filter looks like it has gotten moisture.... I have mentioned that to a handyman in the past and they didn't think anything of it. While looking at this problem, it looks like there was some moisture in the lower 'compartment' of the main unit (some rusty spots)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?