Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a desa gas fireplace. my nob has broken and can not

Customer Question

i have a desa gas fireplace. my nob has broken and can not turn on the fireplace. i have tried locally to no avail. my serial number is(###) ###-####
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: can you get me an address where i can purchase a new knob
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: this is a gas log unit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the unit was in this house when I purchased the home-the knob is a heavy plastic but has broken. the fireplace will work fine if i can find one of these knobs.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you mean the knob on the gas control valve then you can't just replace the knob. You have to replace the entire gas valve.