Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

A low temp lock out. The outside temp is 25 degrees. I want

Customer Question

a low temp lock out. The outside temp is 25 degrees. I want to start heater because of heavy ice in the pool and afraid it will damage the pool liner. How can I start the heater
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Raypak model 266 electronic Probably 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 12 days ago.

Hello, you should be able to start the heater by simply turning on the pool pump...that will trip the flow switch in the heater and allow the boiler to run at the temperature you have it set at

Expert:  Phil replied 12 days ago.

See if you can find a way verify the water pump flow, lets hope that the water lines are not already blocked with ice. If they are it will take quite a while and lot of heat to melt it all before you get actual water flow and the boiler will fire

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The water flow is fine. I never shut the pump off. The problem is a low temp lock out. The water temp is too low for the heater to come on. How can I start the heater and get around the low temp lock out
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Did you get my last message
Expert:  Phil replied 12 days ago.

I only got the messages that show up when you scroll the page up.

Got this one

r

Use the attach files link near your send button to attach a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the boiler wiring diagram and I will mark it up with instructions.

Expert:  Phil replied 12 days ago.

On this end I must come and go to do research and finish off with other customers, so my response can be delayed a bit, I am notified when you post, then pick up as soon as possible