Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a retrivrer hot water tank steam heated at laundry but

Customer Question

Have a retrivrer hot water tank steam heated at laundry but temp gets too hot. Is it the probe?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes don know the model of the controller but it has gone to 200 on the tsnk dial
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: sure....well if we can...replace probe of get info on wall mounted honeywell unit to see if set correct...it was here when we purchaed business.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where would info be on model ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It sounds like the aquastat that controls the water temp has failed. It's also possible the solenoid that lets the stean into thetank coil is leaking by. You can determine which one is the culprit by disconnecting one of the leads on the aquastat. If the water temp drops then replace the aquastat. If it doesn't drop then repair/replace the solenoid.