Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My father has a 70 year old Winkler and his stack switch

Customer Question

My father has a 70 year old Winkler and his stack switch went bad he bought a new honeywell ra117a the wiring has different diagrams he has 3 wires from motor and ignition 2wires for high limit 2 wires for Thermaltake
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes as he was a repair person for many years now he is not capable of doing this as a living he called me to help
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thermaltake has red and brown wire high limit has red and white wire motor and ignition have red white and black wires
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Do you have the wiring diagram? You may need to do some rewiring. I can walk you through it. What's a Thermaltake?