Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Just wonder how much it would cost for replace a 80000 BTU

Customer Question

Just wonder how much it would cost for replace a 80000 BTU furnace? Brandwise, I know Payne is the lower price model and Bryant and Carrier are
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: Are you working for a company or independent consultant?
JA: No. I'm the HVAC Technician's Assistant.
Customer: I am not too sure what is this - I am googling to find an answer and followed an item that google found, then I get live response! Is the HVAC technician hired by some company to answer questions?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: OK. Sounds like everyone here is working independently to provide advisory in a particular field. How much the HVAC technician charge for each question?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: How should I pay
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ok. Where is the webpage?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I need to hire a contractor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I got a quote with Payne model. I want a second opinion whether this is a reasonable one
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Briefly, the furnace in one of my rental houses went dead. I called a local contractor for repair and he commented that the furnace is broken and need to be replaced. Since the house is about 30 years old I guess he may be right. Then he gave a quote for a Payne PG8JAA048090 model with installation total about $3500. I know Payne is a low price model, but is this reliable model? Or should I ask for a Bryant or Carrier, supposely better?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is the quote reasonable or too expensive? I am in SF Bay Area, California. The house is about 2000 sqft 2 story average quality.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there anything else you need to know? I didn't see any responses and it's almost midnight. I look forward to your response in email.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 4 months ago.

Russ here. UCP makes Carrier ,Bryant,Payne and Tempstar. Payne is a very good furnace. I have installed several with no problems. For your area that price is about right. Carrier or Bryant will be about 500 more for the same size furnace. You can also get a few quotes from other companies. Just request a free quote. Best to shop around. Check a few prices. I think someone will beat that price. Anymore questions I am here. If not just rate me 3 stars or higher or I do not get paid. You ask the right questions. Thanks Russ

Anymore questions on the purchase of a new unit. Russ

Anymore questions. If not please rate. 3 or higher or I do not get paid. Russ