Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a body shop that has a V3 Tcore 2 Gas Heater in it.

Customer Question

We have a body shop that has a V3 Tcore 2 Gas Heater in it. I was just trying to figure out if there is a good way to clean it and also it is REALLY loud. like a plane taking off is that normal?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Oh a couple months, I just want to do all I can so it will run well because the gas bills are going to be crazy this winter ...Ugh!!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, hopefully. ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: is it suppose to be really loud?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Should I just take my air nozzle to it to get the excess dust out of it - is that ok?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Does it have filters that was also my question and I was trying to see that in the manual - I clicked on the link that was on this page.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Really loud is a pretty subjective analysis. They are kind of loud but that may be really loud to you or it may need service. Here is a link to the manual. Maintenance instructions including cleaning the burner and blower start on page 36

http://www.reznorhvac.com/files/I-UDB%20%2802-15%29%20PN202658%20R15%20smallest.pdf