Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Evcon furnace. The blower motor stopped working. 2

Customer Question

I have a Evcon coleman furnace. The blower motor stopped working. 2 nights ago the blower was turning on and then off like a engine that would not start. I turned the system off, changed the batteries and did not turn it back on until the next morning. The furnace worked all day the next day, and shut down last night. Furnace ignites, and blower will not start. I got a light signal about the limit switch. did a continuity test on the limit switch and it checked out. circuit board has green colored oxidization on some components. Evcon Coleman DGATO75BDD. Jumped fan and it works good.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: REally!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am a mechanical Genius
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, your observations so far support a diagnosis of a failed printed circuit board (95% but not 100%)

'You can do a heat stress test on the PCB by heating it to 125F with a hair drier, it that precipitates the problem or seems to have solved the problem, either way, then the PCB has micro cracks.

Note: your earlier discussion was with a computer program designed to route your question to me, I am a live person, age 75 with 56 years in the business

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

We can go from here as needed