Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a York p2mpd16l06401a furnace that intermittently the

Customer Question

Have a York p2mpd16l06401a furnace that intermittently the fan continues to runs after heating. Once gas valve shuts off it cools down but continues to run blowing cold. Replaced the control board and
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes and yes, also checked thermostat wires for shorts
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No wad looking for the fan relay but cannot locate if was looking for the fan relay but cannot find it
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, remove the wire on the G terminal of the thermostat where it attaches to the printed circuit card tell me if the fan keeps running or not, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope still running
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** points to bad fan relay, but it seems that you may have replaced that with the new board, I need a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door, well lit, and exceedingly well focused. Use the attach files link next to your send button to get that to me.

We can go from there

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A few more minutes
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

THanks, ***** ***** jumper wire across limit switches (LS-1, 2,3)... the printed circuit card is most likely programmed to keep the blower running if any of the limit switches open.

After you are sure all of the limit switches are at room temperature, check ohms across each one with the wires disconnected from it.. and replace the switch that is open.

http://www.shortysHVAC.com

will have the part,

Its time to rate my work after the tests prove out, that will allow us to close the question, thanks