Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Pearl, I have a Honeywell HZ322 Truezone panel and a Lennox

Customer Question

Pearl, I have a Honeywell HZ322 Truezone panel and a Lennox CBX27UH HVAC. We need AC today bc we are in Florida. The system is running and air is flowing through the system, but the AC unit is not spinning and does not seem to be responding to thermostat controls and settings.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes we checked the settings. The filter is dirty and my wife is picking up a new one on her way home. Will the system kick on with a clean filter?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Changing a filter, yes. If I need something else we have a technician that we use.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Would it be helpful to reset the system? Could it be a glitch? We were on heat for about 36 hours Friday/Saturday and are just switching back...
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it will be a good idea to call your technician if the new air filter does not work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there any way to re-set the thermostat itself? I can't seem to find a way to turn it on and off?
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

YOu can pry the thermostat off of its wall mount plate and if there are batteries inside, replace them, if that works you are done.

If that fails, remove the batteries and put them in backwards for 3 minutes, then remove and replace them in the proper position.