Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I will describe my problem hopefully you'll be able to help,

Customer Question

Hello. I will describe my problem hopefully you'll be able to help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a hard HVAC model ESG050D36C unit. When I set the thermostat calling for heat the unit does turn on the pilot does go on the furnace does flame up and it starts blowing me hot air .... then within five minutes the hot air stops and it only blows warm air
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Bard is the brand
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my filters are clean. If I turn the thermostat up to like 80 it goes through the process and I do get heat for about three minutes and then it starts blowing cool air and then will shut down and then automatically start up again and do the same procedure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I wanted to check the flame sensor but I don't know where to find it. It is a horizontal unit
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 22 days ago.

Hello.so far it sounds like the high temperature limit switch is going bad, If you can locate the unit wiring diagram glued inside one of the service panels and get me a clear well focused photo of it I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions

If you are not technically inclined tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will see if I can find a well rated repair outfit for you.