Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a 2 year old Amana furnace that I'm told is an

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old Amana furnace that I'm told is an excellent furnace however, I keep getting E0 errors. A technic***** *****ged a part today and after 5 hours of heat, once again my furnace is not working and I see dreaded E0 error.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes....I have changed the filter 2x already this year and would hope that the 3 technicians that visited my home would have addressed this as a problem Don't mean to be snappy but I've been without heat for 2 days and won't have a tech at my house till Monday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i just want heat back for my family and don't want to wait till Monday so if there is something I can do yes I will do it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello. lets try a soft reset... turn the power off to the furnace, wait 5 minutes then turn the power back on.... tell me how that goes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried turning the power off for 30 minutes then restarting but for furnace...no luck
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, The chances of us working together tonight of getting this going, without parts are slim... if you have a technical background there is about a 10% chance that we can get this going after an hour of trouble shooting.... tell me if you are interested and willing to do that much work for a 10% chance or not. We can go from there

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

You will need a multi meter