Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a. P1-140REV2 boiler it ran fine till we added the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a. P1-140REV2 boiler it ran fine till we added the Peerless Partner indirect water heater to it with the Honeywell controller. Now the boiler at first the boiler was running but kept quitting once or twice a day and the water from the indirect water heater was only getting to about 90 F . The code showing is F09 no flame detected. Now today it will not stay running at all with the same F09 code. Do you think something is wired wrong since with the tank installation or ? Never had any trouble with boiler previous to that.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: We installed water tank 2 weeks ago and the boiler has been going out more and more often now won't stay on at all.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My plumber and electrician say they are not familiar with this boiler what can I tell them to check
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

This error is not relaated to your new install. Try this, turn the power off to the boiler wait a couple minutes then turn it back on again. Tell me what happens. Does the boiler fire up then go out? Do you have the manual?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
done that it comes back with the F09 code yes have manual
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

It's likely either the igniter or the flame sensor. If the burner fires up then goes out you need to clean or replace the flame sensor. If it doesn't fire up then do you have a spark? The electrode gap shuld be checked and reset according to the specs in the manual (1/4" gap). cleaning the electrode is also a good idea. If you have a spark but no ignition then they should check for 24 volts at the gas valve while the igniter is sparking.

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Do you have more questions?