Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Power went out due to snow storm…used portable generator to

Customer Question

power went out due to snow storm…used portable generator to power the house…power was renewed and viessmann 200 did not fire. get a fault code of combustion controller EE. have powered down, pressed the R button. seems like it wants to fire but just cycles through about three times and fault code reappears…thought?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about three hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if someone can tell me what to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Have you checked to see if any snow is blocking the exhaust vent termination outdors?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Vents up through the chimney
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm thinking an ignition switch or something since cycles through the starting process
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am working on your question, and will be back in 15 minutes or so

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

click here for the system wiring diagram

its on page 50

Tell me if if you feel competent electronically to trouble shoot this or not, we can go from there

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Tell me if you are using this to heat the house and... to make domestic hot water... or just space heating

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Heat house and water. Page 50 of which manual?
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

I will post the manual again This manual

Turn the power off at the boiler, next open 3 hot water taps in the house, then stand next to the viessmann unit listening intently, first the inducer fan should start, then you should hear several clicks over a period of 45 seconds as the various relays close contacts in order power the igniter and gas valve. Measure the voltage between terminals L and N, at item 35 (the gas valve) on the printed circuit board during the entire ignition cycle,

Tell me how far the boiler gets along this ignition sequence please... and if you ever get a voltage read across terminals L and N on item 35