airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I Have a RTH6350 Thermostat and before I hook it up, I need

Customer Question

I Have a RTH6350 Thermostat and before I hook it up, I need to know if I can have the cooling set at 73 deg. and the heating at 75 deg. and it will work on auto switchover. If not what will I have to have the temps set at?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I have not installed it yet and which filters are you speaking of?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. Have preprogrammed the thermostat and am ready to install if these settings are workable
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today.Give me a moment to look over your question and gather some information .I may need to get a bit more information from you.

I am only showing the auto changeover available on the RTH6450- but if your thermostat has the option.You will need to maintain at least 3 degrees difference so thermostat does not keep switching from heat to cool.

Usually once you select AUTO, the thermostat will not allow you to select less than 3 degree difference.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.