Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I bought a p/n257010 UTEC1003-514 IC kit to replace a

Customer Question

I bought a p/n257010 UTEC1003-514 IC kit to replace a G67BG-5 on a FE300 s/n aub66-m6n07047 and I get pilot to ignite w/ good flame but for a second for a minute it seemed to stay lit with very small flame I might add I notice instructions for as
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have not till todsy
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes It not Honeywell gas valve but wr 36c68
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, tell me please if the pilot light is robust or a bit whispy or worse, weak. I need to know how much of the flame sensor that the pilot light makes glow red.

We can go from there

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, click here for the gas valve manual

See page 7 for plug in connector, unplug and replug it a few times to burnish its contact pins of any oxide that may be present.

See page 9 for the pilot adjust, try adjusting the pilot one turn clock wise, tell me if that changes anything.

So far it looks like a bad solenoid or orifice in the gas valve.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

PS... in order to know what all those part numbers mean I have to first locate the old manuals for that unit, then look up the numbers... that can take hours if I am lucky enough to find the old manual.

Better is a verbal description of what part you changed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have sent all that info then I had to pay and me being a contractor with the name All About Fixin I could use this service and would gladly pay monthly fees no chance my original question saved
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll try else where please tell me how to cancel this
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok sorry now we r getting somewhere So it is a w/r gas valve now there or three terminals main. Pilot com. Not to flmular with valves but two wire of another device thinking maybe a safty
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, did you see the gas valve manual and page 7 and page 9 ? let me know what you think about those directions.