Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a air handling system that is not working--we are

Customer Question

we have a Bryant air handling system that is not working--we are new to this house so do not know the systems. From the device on the wall on first floor, it appears to be working (green lights on) but the smell and heaviness of the air is not good.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I had a technician in (non-Bryant) a couple weeks ago who said the filters were fine. If you mean the thermostat to the air =handling system, I moved the humidity level up yesterday to no avail.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I am not handy and need someone to come in and review the system. I would prefer someone with a Bryant background. The technician who was here (non-Bryant) said the system was installed wrong and not connected to the right ducts.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure since I'm not knowledgeable about the system and have never had one in my home.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe I should cancel this conversation and find a dealer who handles these systems. Loren Boone
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, we are swamped currently, I have time to search for a well rated HVAC contractor for you... Bryant is made by Carrier corp and uses identical parts. tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will take a look for you.