Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Morning. I am not sure ... no one else can, I have a furnace

Customer Question

Morning. I am not sure ... no one else can
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a furnace that has been out since Saturday
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: No one in my area seems to work on fuel oil furnaces any more, so stuck working myself have new filter and cannister.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: have fuel to pump, but can't get it to bleed, and the beckett honeywell r7184 will not lite I have to try... 1st person that said they may come won't come until saturday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: other then thermostat was changed, so could keep furnace colder week ago, but furnace worked fine after that and the fuel tank said 1/4 tank, but no heat came,,, blower works
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
need to add my tank is now full too
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

Hello, first step is to get you trained a bit on how the beckett oil burner operates.

click here, send an hour reviewing the video's even the parts that do not relate to bleeding air from the oil pump, the entire oil burner needs to be serviced... this is something some home owners can do for themselves.

Click here

Regarding the oil bleed issue, if you ran the tank out of fuel, sludge at the bottom of the tank was drawn into the oil pump and bleed port, the oil pump should be taken apart and cleaned. reference the video's above.