Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Rheem Criterion II Gas Furnace. When the hear is on

Customer Question

I have Rheem Criterion II Gas Furnace. When the hear is on there is a buzzing sound coming from the block outside the blower motor. The buzzing stops and then nothing else happens except one of the lights on the control panel blinks twice and then long pause...I thought it was the pressure control valve/sensor, but after replacing that nothing changed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A buzzing sound is usually a failing relay or transformer. A 2 blink error is a draft pressure error but that's not caused by a buzzing component and replacing the pressure switch doesn't always solve the problem.