Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The room temperature is at 65 but the thermostat is set for

Customer Question

The room temperature is at 65 but the thermostat is set for 70. The settings are not staying up with each other.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Brand new system two months ago (entire system, $10,000) so I think the ranges were not set probably. First cold day here (NC) where the temp went down to 29 last night.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can; I do have emergency service for weekend calls if necessary. Is it possible for us to do something to get through the weekend?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like what?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model number of your heating unit?