Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

T stat rth 3100c seems to opperate in heat cycle ,,set @ 70

Customer Question

t stat rth 3100c seems to opperate in heat cycle ,,set @ 70 OK..room heats up to 70 fan seems to run forever..with statt satisfied the fan continues to run infinity....set the statt down 2 degrees and fan will shut off,,,,,of course it shuts off if I set the stat to off position..installed by local a/c teck..??? HELP
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: filters changed monthly and tstat seems set ok..no light in tstat window
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes to my capabilities..im in rental business and have skills..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the stat is just recently installed new by my service co,,have not used it in cooling cycle yet..still struggleing thru heat cycle with the fan not shutting itself off when the stat is satisfied??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Lets start y making sure thermostat is setup to operate properly with your system.See pages 15 -17 in this manual and verify if you have gas or electric furnace an thermostat is set accordingly.

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-1889EF.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this stat is in operation with a split unit heat pump elec for heat and cool..compressor and heat strips seem to work ok....fan seems to run forever even when the thermostat is satisfied..( I expect when the thermostat is satisfied the fan should stop)

Yes fan should stop within no more than a couple of minutes.

Did you verify thermostat settings?

Function 6 set to 9

Function 8 set to 9

If these functions are set to 5 instead of 9 the thermostat is depending on furnace to shut down which the electric furnace will not do.

Link