Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a boderus logamax plus boiler, no heat or hot water,

Customer Question

i have a boderus logamax plus boiler, no heat or hot water, no pilot light on, the flashing code reads 3L Can you tell me what this means
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: can you tell me where the filter is?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Trying to do the work myself but we have a call out to a technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This system was serviced and a similar problem was fixed by a technician for the same problem back in March 2016
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 3L is: Blower switched off during a safety test. The only thing you can do is check the electrical connectionto the blower. If that doesn't work then this is a job for a pro

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its an electrical shortage possibly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When i take the hood off the furnace, the black box on the bottom left has a flashing red light could this have something to do with it?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Could be a bad connection. There are several other possibilities none of which can be tracked down by a typical homeowner.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there any trouble shooting you would suggest to determine if its an electrical short to the blower?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

All you can do is locate the connections on the blower (exhaust fan) cable, take the connector apart and put it back together.

Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Of course you need to turn the power to the boiler off first. Then turn it back on when you're done

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok unplugged and plugged, blower is working flashing light off, but now i'm getting a 6L can you tell me what that means?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

That's a flame failure error. Definitely a job for a pro

Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Do you have more questions?