airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I OWN A NORDYNE FURNACE, MODEL #G6RAO96C-16, SERIAL #G6R90

Customer Question

I OWN A NORDYNE FURNACE, MODEL #G6RAO96C-16, SERIAL #G6R90 (or perhaps 8) 11-01243 and I HAVE looked desperately for the area that houses the furnace filter and the filter size but, can not locate it. I AM UNABLE TO FIND THE FURNACE "PORT". THERE IS A METAL UPRIGHT SHEET NEAR THE AREA WHERE THE HOT AIR IS FORCED OUT OF THE FURNACE THAT IS A POSSIBILITY BUT THE TWO SCREWS HOLDING THE SHEET ARE COMPLETELY STRIPPED AND THUS, I CAN NOT REMOVE IT IN ORDER TO INVESTIGATE. PLEASE HELP, I AM GETTING CONCERNED AS TO THE CONDITION OF ANY EXISTING FURNACE FILTER.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: THERMO SETTINGS ARE FINE, MY SERIOUS PROBLEM IS I DO NOT KNOW EHERE THE FILTER IS PLACED INTO THE FURNACE NOT DO I KNOW THE SIZE OF A FILTER.
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: NORDYNE FURNACE MODEL #G6RAO96C-16, SERIAL# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I THINK I NEED A CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN TO SOURCE THE FURNACE FILTER AREA AS WELL AS THE FURNACE FILTER SIZE.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WHAT ELESE MIGHT YOU NEED? THE MODEL# ***** SERIAL # SHOULD ALLOW A NORDYNE TECHNICIAN TO ADVISE WHERE THE FILTER OPENING IS AND THE FILTER SIZE.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Unlike many furnaces the filter for this model is nt inside the blower compartment. It would either be in a filter rack where the return (bottom side in an upflow model) connects to the furnace or in a return air grill if you only have 1 return air grill

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
RICKWHERE IS THE EXTERNAL FILTER RACK LOCATED?
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

It would either be in a filter rack where the return duct (bottom side in an upflow model) connects to the furnace or in a return air grill if you only have 1 return air grill

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WHERE IS THE EXTERNAL FILTER RACK LOCATED?
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

I just gave you the info twice. Can you see my responses?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR RUNNING A MONEY SCAM FOR YOUR "SO CALLED HELP". WHAT A TERRIBLE JOKE TO PLAY ON AN UNSUSPECTING VERY SENIOR CITIZEN
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

It seems you can't see my answers. I notified customer service

Expert:  airheatman replied 3 months ago.

I am a different expert.Sorry you are having issues today. Do you still need help with this?

Since the filter does not come inside the furnace, the installer should have either a filter rack attached to the return end of the unit or a filter grille installed in the wall or ceiling.

If he installed a filter rach it will be in one of the three positions shown at this link

It there is no filter rack in one of those positions, look around in ceiling or walls for a grille like pictured at this link that opens up to accomadate a flyer.

Should say accomadate a filter (not flyer)