Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

Have heil h8mpt075f14b1, shows 9 flashes open pressure sw,

Customer Question

have heil h8mpt075f14b1, shows 9 flashes open pressure sw, swith shows good, even put new one on, furnace runs 1 min shuts burner off and recycles over and over
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Luke

NOTE: I can only get credited for assisting you if you click the 5 star rating at the top of page if you are satisfied with my answer

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 9 days ago.
  • If the hose goes directly to the power venter, clean out the nipple end of power venter where hose connects with a small wire. and inspect all hoses for rupture.
  • Check furnace exhaust and intake outside building for obstruction if it applies
  • Under abnormal conditions, however, such as a restricted vent pipe, or a leak in a hose or a leak in one of the heat exchangers, sufficient negative pressure will not be created. This will result in the switch failing to close or failing to remain closed during furnace operation. When servicing a unit whose pressure switch will not close, or remain closed during operation, the operating pressure of that furnace should be checked and compared to approximate operating pressures.