Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a vitodens 100-w fires,no fault codes. Circulater pumps

Customer Question

Have a vitodens 100-w fires,no fault codes. Circulater pumps not coming on.No heat or hot water
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If not to difficult, can't get in touch with hvac guy, getting cold
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Blew fuse in versatronik controller 6 days ago. Replaced and was good for 5 was good until now.boiler temp is 180. Hot water tank is very slowly rising. 80 to 120 in one hour. Boiler is only firing on lowest rate
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 days ago.

Hello the vitodens is a very complex boiler with two micro computers operating it, it is anything but a do it yourself project. Its a fine german made boiler but not well established in the US so far, if you are lucky your local dealer will still be in business and has sent one of his techs to the vitodens boiler school.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will attempt to locate a dealer for you, or if your dealer is still around it will be a good idea to call him for this particular problem.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I got the heat to work for tonite by disconnecting aquastat on hot water tank because it is designed to sat dhw before heat. I think it's a bad circulator pump on hot water tank. I will have it checked and changed. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Phil replied 5 days ago.

Good work!