Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I get smoke out the draft regulator only when the burner

Customer Question

I get smoke out the draft regulator only when the burner comes on, otherwise it runs good. It does not seem to have late ignition. A service tech replaced the igniter and left. When I checked later it was doing the same thing. The boiler was opened and completely cleaned this summer including the pipe into the chimney, new filter ,new and correct nozzle and electrodes set correctly. The boiler tech checked everything again. I hate to call them again when they did not solve the problem the first time. I am really frustrated. I was thinking about installing a Beckett pump with a delay solenoid. I hope you can help me. Thank You
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does the smoke go away?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It only smokes when the burner comes on

Well you will always have a bit of unburned fuel that will cause a little smoke at first that is not too odd unless it is a lot for awhile?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In my very first sentence I stated that it only smokes when it comes on. Your Guru Tech then asked "does the smoke go away"? It never did it before. I do not want the smell of smoke all winter. I am sorry, but this guy gave me nothing I can use.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

My name is*****'m a licensed oil burner tech with 40+ years experience. Do you still want help with this?