Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Model r4gd-x30k072x. blower motor is dead, according to my

Customer Question

model r4gd-x30k072x. blower motor is dead, according to my tech. he says it has to be replaced with the oem motor ( M0018201R), which is very expensive. are there other options...ie...to install a generic 1/2 hp motor and hard wire it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just went out a few days ago. my guy came out today and gave me the above news.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure...at a minimum...i want to know enough to keep from just letting him charge me $700 for a motor and replacement...if there's a cheaper option
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: fyi...the picture shows "Phil"...
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 12 days ago.

Sorry you are having issues with your Nordyne packaged unit.Let me grab a manual on the unit and see what info I have.

I am actually showing the unit to use the M0023904R. See link below

Unfortunately you will have to go back with a variable speed ECM motor.You can not use a standard PSC motor as everything is controlled by the control board.

700 bucks is actually a good price installed as most contractors get around 1100 bucks for these motors installed.

You could save a couple of hundred bucks by buying online and installing yourself.

See link below also.

Now one quick question, has contractor verified that motor is not under warranty?

If motor is under warranty and he is getting it free, the 700 is extreme for just labor.

Wgat is serial number and last name unit was registered under when new?