Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a furnace the unit starts up burner lights fan goes

Customer Question

I have a Coleman furnace the unit starts up burner lights fan goes on but just cold air comes out. Trouble shooting panel shows steady green light on. unit is about five years old model # DGAHO56BBSB
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Thermostat setting is good above room temp. filters are new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: unit will run has long has you leave it on noting changes just cold air coming out. pulled inspection cover off before air goes into main vent air is cold there
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like just the pilot may be lighting and not main burner.There is no way air can be lown across a burner properly burning and come out cold on other end.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No the complete burner is lit
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the flame on the burner is completely lit all away across the burner

If you have ac connected, take a look and make sure the ac unit is not also running

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is no pilot it is electric start for the burner
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no ac on this unit

Is air flow good at registers?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I am going to open this to other experts.Not sure what may be going on here.It just does not make sense that the blower is blowing air across a flame and coming out cold.

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

If no expert can help and you are unsatisfied, we can request a refund of your deposit

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not get any other help. I call a company to come out and repair the unit. Burner was dirtey flame was not as big has it should have been he cleaned it and now works find. How do I go about getting my money back from Justanswer?

I will send this request now.Do not rate or reply.Thanks again for using the service.