Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Dunkirk boiler that was installed in October, 2014.

Customer Question

I have a Dunkirk boiler that was installed in October, 2014. Only during heating season do I have a problem. I periodically hear thumping/banging noises from my water pipes...not the heating coils in the ceiling or floor. I believe the furnace is somehow involved only because during the summer months....no noise is ever heard from the water pipes. What could this be?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The furnace does not use filters. The heat is hot water radiant heat system.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No...I have a friend who is a licensed plumber. I plan on having hi come over.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.. I just strongly believe that my furnace is somehow connected to the noise I hear.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Is this a hot water or steam system?