airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

8000ts carrier blower keeps blowing no heat or air cond,

Customer Question

8000ts carrier blower keeps blowing no heat or air cond, turned off stat blower keeps blowing
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

do you have a circuit board in the blower section that has a blinking light?

Billy

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

based on short blinks first and long blinks next...what is the light flashing?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
First 33 then went to 13, the furnace will not fire up and even tried air it would not kick on , turned off stst motot will not turn off
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

Thank you.

On the front wall behind the gas valve is a credit card sized flat plate with 2 wires attached...do you see this ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Followed all procedures on limit switch, flame roll out still cant get to fire up, working on it and resrtting it ,even jumped limit switch no fire up
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

how many roll outs do you have and did you press the center buttons or jump out the roll outs?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Cant afford call
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

That is computer generated...I cannot call.

Did you check this vent switch shown here

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
One hit reset have been resetting by trying to leave power off for up to half hour and turn on and again hit reset no luck . Blower bloeing stat off been on it 8 hours
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

I need to eliminate some things so please answer each point.

Did you press the vent reset that I sent picture of?

Did you press button on all roll outs around burner?

Was the filter plugged?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Checked vent switch, omhs meter on both roll out , limit , and vent switch went to 00 after going through some #
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No reset on vent switch
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Reset roll out keep filter up to 1 a month never cloged
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

did follow the wires switch to switch?..they are all in series...so you can follow wires all the way to circuit board.

You have a "limit loop" where one wire leaves circuit board and stops at all the limits and then returns to board.

If the limit loop shows no opens at all it is a circuit board.

See HERE

Can you post a pic of the furnace with door off so I can see if you have a fusible link?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
All limit wiring is ok it is all looped to limits and to board and i did remove flame roll out even tsped the wires from switch together could not get furn to fite up but blower kept going
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

do you have a fusible link?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The fuse is good no link
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

so you do not have this in the limit wire?

look here

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nothing on my furn that looks like that, i replaced several parts over the past and last winter a new blower
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 days ago.

if you have checked all the limits and verified 24v is getting back to board and you still have 33/13, then it is a circuit board issue.....BUT this is based on 24v getting all the way through the circuit

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There is only one roll out and pushed reset nothing , but even when i jumped wires still no difference, and i hane no clue why shutting off stat does not shut down blower motor
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 days ago.

Your furnace has two limit circuits that must be closed .If either one is open we will get the error code.

To troubleshoot you will need to check for continuity between the 2 red wires as shown below and then between the orange and yellow.

To check, unplug the 9 pin plug and check at the plug with wires attached(Make sure wires are seated in plug so they make contact when plugged onto board.

If you find we do not have continuity, check each limit in circuit by checking continuity at each limit .

If you find one open replace that limit.

If we have continuity between the yellow and orange and between the two reds and wires are making good connection at board, replace the board as it is failing to read the closed circuit.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When i powered up furnace at 6 which was off all night it coded at 33 then shut off at about 2 min and went and fired up and has been working since. But there is a problem , after it fired up i was putting cover back over doard as i went reseat it i heard 2 clicks and furnace shut down , took off cover , lightly pushed on board with my hand again heard a click, left board be anr it again fired back furn in about 3 min ? Must have a wire on board shorting out flame then when board is not pushed touching the metal backing it restRts furnace, what wire should i look for, maybe stat making contavt with something
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 days ago.

OK the code 33 indicates a limit had opened.

If it is an auto reset it will reset after it cools down.Turning power off and back on resets board.

If pushing on board made it some on.I suspect the board has developed what is known as a stress crack,Board is most likely the issue here.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When i pushed on the outside wires to board to put cover back on furnace wher board and blower are located that is when i heard clicks and the furnace shut down as soon as i let board free the furnace rired back up after it cent through cycle
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 days ago.

Make sure the wires are connected good to board and any connections such as wire nuts where wires connect from thermostat

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This morning blower on code 13 back on will not refire up
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 days ago.

Did you try wiggling the wires at board this morning to see if it will come on?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
nothing
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Put on new switches
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Should the board need the 3 hours yo reset
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Will a bad therostat cause this problem
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 days ago.

Sorry for the delay.I got called out of the office.

To see if thermostat is issue,Connect red and white R and W on board, but that would not explain the error code.You either have a limit opening or a bad board to get that error.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I put on new switches still no good then putting wireing back found a loose wire in the 9 wire connector by accident it was the red limit wire i cut and attached with wire nut, been working for last 5 hours , all luck. I just hope that will solve this problem.1
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 days ago.

Excellent.I knew we had a problem with board sensing the limit to be closed.Glad you found that wire.Let me know if it totally solves issue. Good work.