Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Can you send instructions & visual how to start up Gun with

Customer Question

Can you send instructions & visual how to start up Gun with tank recently filled?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I've seen the start up done once by oil man a very long time ago and I have forgotten!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Wife will do it is good with mechanical work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there anything else you need from this end?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.
If you ran out of oil you do need to purge the air from the oil line. To do this you need a 3/8" (typically) open end wrench, a small container to catch the oil and a small piece of 1/4" od rubber tubing (the tubing isn't vital it just makes it a little easier). Locate the bleed fitting on the oil pump (on the left side of the oil burner where the oil line connects see attached pic) it has a hex with a small hose barb protruding. Position your container directly below it. Loosen the hex. You will get a little oil and maybe a few bubbles. Now hit the reset button on the burner control and let it run until it’s a steady stream of oil (no bubbles). Tighten the hex back up and you're done. The burner should fire up once you close off the bleeder. You may need to hit the reset more than once. If your ignition control (the device with the reset button on the burner) is a R7184 or R7284 then the control will go into a hard lockout if you push the reset more than twice. You need to hold the button down for at least 30 seconds to release the lockout.

Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Do you have more questions?