Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a honeywell thermostat and it stopped working and it

Customer Question

I have a honeywell thermostat and it stopped working and it says "low battery". I don't know how to open it up. We're cold, can you help us?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I assume its the thermostat as in the lower left corner of the thermostat in small letters it says "low battery". The thermostat does not say the temperture on its face.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I am assuming that I just need to put a battery in the thermostat if i can get it open. I meant that the thermostat does not show the temperature.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so. How do I open the thermostat. I don't want to break it.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 14 days ago.

You should be able to grasp front cover on each side and pull straight off of the subbase.

If you have a picture I can explain exactly, but most will simply pull straight off