Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I am having issue with our furnace not turning on.. I see

Customer Question

I am having issue with our furnace not turning on.. I see the hot surface ignite and the gas valve run on
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: the filters are good.. I have it cleaned
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: the gas valve which turns on after the hot surface ignites does not click and the gas does not open...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was looking out to have someone look into it.. but I am not able to get anyone on the call to come and take a look into it
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have 24 volts AC to the gas valve when the igniter is glowing and the burners don't ignite then you have a bad gas vlave assuming you have gas to the valve inlet. If you don't have 24 vac then you either have a bad board or a bad connection between the board and the valve.