Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I recently upgraded my thermostats and the upstairs one

Customer Question

I recently upgraded my thermostats and the upstairs one controls the whole house now. Downstairs one doesn't seem to do anything
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: May be larger but it didn't start happening until I upgraded my thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: house built in 1983 and I think they were the original thermostats I replaced
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What do you have for heating equipment, brand and model number please? also need brand and model for th thermostat(s)