Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have heatilator g136e connected with robertshaw ds845.. i

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have heatilator g136e connected with robertshaw ds845.. i see that it spark flame comes on and shut off. Can you please help me ? where does white wire from VLV/COM get connected to?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 year..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.. i will try first if not i will seek help of pro
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you know if Heatilator Electronic Ignitor / Electrode (26541) is also flame sensor?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Yes the igniter doubles as the flame sensor on this model. You can clean the electrode off with steel wool or fine sandpaper. When the electrode build up too much oxidation it can't sense the flame.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
where does white wire connect to ignitor?]
Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

My schematic shows it connected to the terminal betwen TH & TR on the ignition control

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i have robertshaw ds845 part number 100-00832-13 and i see that white wire goes to vlv/com.. where does other end go to.. ignitor base? my phone in charging.. give me few mins for charge.. i used sand paper to cleanoff ignitor electrode but still same issue
Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

Ok if the other end of the lead is disconnected then that's a likely culprit. It should be connected to the base p;ate of the igniter assembly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i cleaned up everything put white wire to base plate of ignitor and other end to VLV/COM in ds845. still it ignite then shut off and then red led blink
Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

Assuming the electrode is positioned in the flame now, the first thing I'd do is replace the igniter assembly. If that doesn't work then replace the ignition control. Be aware that a good chassis ground for both the control and the igniter is critical.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok i am going to order Heatilator Electronic Ignitor / Electrode (26541) then try again..
Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

Ok

Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

Let me know if you hae more questions.