airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Hunter thermostat. I know the heater works. The

Customer Question

I have a Hunter thermostat. I know the heater works. The thermostat is set for 70 but I can't get the house above 60. Is this a span issue.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I just moved to this house a few months ago. I am hoping it is a thermostat issue.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Due to the holiday I can't get anyone out here til Monday. My granddaughter and I are freezing so I am hoping it has something to do with the thermostat that I can set. It has a hunter fan website address but could not find anything pertaining to their thermostats.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 15 days ago.

Remove the R and W wires at thermostat and touch them together.If furnace comes on replace the thermostat.If not we can go from here in troubleshooting.