Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a plus 90 and it leaked water 2 days ago, what do you

Customer Question

I have a Bryant plus 90 and it leaked water 2 days ago, what do you think the issues is?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: 2 days ago was the first time I noticed it and I'm down there at least once a day. I t was a cold day and there was a small puddle under it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what the issue is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I opened the lower area of the furnace and saw it was wet and it looked like it had dripped rusty water down from the fire tube above.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You have the type of furnace that is so efficient that the water vapor in the exhaust condenses before it leaves the furnace. That condensate has to drain off. It's possible the drain is clogged but given where the water is showing up you probbaly have a leak in the heat exchanger. This is something you should have a pro check out.