Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We just had a power outage and when the power came back on

Customer Question

We just had a power outage and when the power came back on the screen for the heater/air conditioner stayed blank
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: We can't double check anything the screen is absolutely black and all of the little thermostat screens in the house just show lines
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are just wondering if there is a way to check if power is reaching the screen. There is power to the heater and there is a light on on the control board. It seems like the only problem is no power to the screen
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just the power to the system that makes it so we turn anything on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What type of thermostat do you have? Have you checked the breaker? Does it take batteries. If the answer to all of these questions is no and the problem is still persisting then I would say the power outage blew your thermostat and it is going to need to be replaced.