HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My thermostat is set to 73degrees and the boiler comes on

Customer Question

My thermostat is set to 73degrees and the boiler comes on but shut off before reaching the set degree. Boiler does not come back on even if set temperature is increased. I was told that it was a thermostat problem and had the thermostat changed yesterday. After changing the thermostat the boiler came on but shut down before reaching set temperature. I increased the temperature level on the thermostat but that did not work. My boiler is Burnham and is about ten years old. Boiler still not coming on. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is it giving a flash error or any error code also what model is it?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I'm the home owner and no experience I just trying to get an idea what is boiler problem before calling another plumber.
I'm having problem with my tablet late reply.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I'm the home owner and no experience I just trying to get an idea what is boiler problem before calling another plumber. I'm having problem with my tablet.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

OK you may have a sensor issue on the boiler itself cutting it out too soon. The boiler could be overheating due to a failure on a sensor or control.. I would say it is one of the two issues causing that to cut out early. Boilers are complicated so yes I would get it checked out, but it is likely a sensor issue if anything.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!