Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I just replaced a portion of natural gas line in my kitchen,

Customer Question

I just replaced a portion of natural gas line in my kitchen, and now my furnace won't ignite. I purged the gas line, and the water heater is off the same line and is working (after relighting the pilot) so I know that I have gas. The blower turns on, but there the igniter never does, and it doesn't seem like gas is getting through the valve. It is a Lennox elite
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I replaced it about 3 weeks ago, so I don't think that is it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has 2 indicator lights that are blinking to show the system is on, but never blink faster to indicate that the furnace is heating
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So that means the problem is either with the ignitor, flame sensor or the gas valve that is causing the issue. If gas is not getting to the ignitor then its your gas valve that is the problem.