Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a odd problem with my heating system at moment that I

Customer Question

I have a odd problem with my heating system at moment that I cant not figure out
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: thermostat settings are correct & put a new filter in 3 days ago problem i am having is, with the furnace off on the controler, there is still heat coming up through the vents, as if the furnace was still on & heating
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I am able yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, the blower squirrel cage was replaced about 3 months ago
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when you hold your hand over any of the vents, you can feel heat coming out of it. It's currently 54 degrees outside, so i know it's not heat coming from the vent tubes under the house. & during the summer, when the AC kicked in, it blew hot air for the first minute or 2, at the time, was figuring it was do to the heat outside, but since it has cooled off, & still does it, believe the heat coils are staying on for some reason . All I know is it is eating my electric bill alive.
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

Sounds like you have a heat sequencer stuck closed allowing elements to stay on.What is model on the unit?