Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Lennox heating will not light up. It runs the proper

Customer Question

My Lennox heating will not light up. It runs the proper sequence, the ignitor gets bright orange and shuts down, then the unit/heater sends the gas. It seems that the ignitor needs to stay on for about 2-3 more seconds. I can make the unit/heater work with a lighter once the system turns on for about 20 seconds
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

It sounds like you have a bad board maybe a bad gas valve. You need to test for 24 vac at the gas valve while the ignitor is glowing. If you have 24v at the valve when the igniter is glowing but no ignition and the valve only opens after the igniter goes out then you have a faulty gas valve. But if you don't get voltage to the valve until after the igniter goes out then the board is suspect.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already replaced the board.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The heater lights up fine with a lighter, once the igniter turns off.
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 1 month ago.

Hi, do you still need assistance? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please provide me a full refund as I have already replaced the board and the gas valve is fine.

I have notified customer service, I apologize for your troubles